Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why I'm blogging Anonymously

I've been blogging publicly for a year and a half now.  I had a beautiful wedding in July, and absolutely LOVE being married.

But a big part of my life was missing from my public blog.  My mother-in-law, my grandmother and my husband were all loyal readers, which is wonderful.

But.

While my mother-in-law might be (and she certainly is) one of the nicest people I have ever met, after 12 hours with that woman, I want to run away screaming.

My grandmother is a pillar of wisdom and strength, but the last thing that woman needs is to hear about her granddaughter's sex life.

And my husband?  My wonderful, handsome, loving, quirky, hilarious husband?  He hates being blogged about, period.

So lots was missing from my last blog.  This blog will give me space to say what I really think about my mother-in-law going house hunting with us (that was not a good afternoon), or how my husband leaving clean dishes in the drying rack can make me want to smack him.  Among other things!

All in all, my marriage is far from perfect.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this blog! I almost wish I could do the same thing because my mom, mother-in-law, 2 sister-in-laws, and brother-in-law read my blog. Eeek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited too! It is difficult to talk about the things we want to talk about when we aren't anonymous anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for secret blogging! I always worry that someone in my real life will find my blog. Maybe we should all start secret blogs??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyy! Ugh, I am the worst email reader eveeer!

    I really should have made my blog anonymous. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeee! I found youuuu!! Laura sent me your way...blame her ;) Can't wait to read all of your anonymous musings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!!!!!! So, So excited you're going to join my friend! You are one of my bestest blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete

Let it all out, this is a safe space!