Monday, December 27, 2010

On Sickness

Coach is sick.

He hasn't felt well for a couple days.  Last night he got home from a movie and was sick as soon as he got home.  He was up 6 or 7 times last night sick too, puking and cold and miserable.  He wanted to sleep on the couch, but I wouldn't let him.  He held on to me in bed like I was a life raft. 

We've been together for years, and I've never seen him sick with anything more than a cold or a sinus infection.  He's worrying me, because he can't keep hardly anything down.  He's got until tomorrow to feel better or he's going to the doctor. 

I feel like that part should be in captial letter.  He's Going To The Doctor.  Because He Is, because I Said So.

I hate seeing him so miserable.  I almost wish it was me, except I have no sick days and he's off all week, so I guess it is better that it's him. 

If I hurt this much seeing my husband sick, what am I going to do when I have sick babies?

How do you handle a sick spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let it all out, this is a safe space!